Episode 2: Everything You Don't Need to Get Started With Your Art Business
"Here's a huge mistake we make over and over again: we think we need Everything perfectly lined up, all our ducks in a row, and everything all figured out before we get started." - Kellee Wynne
I know the struggle of trying to kickstart your business and carve out a space in the competitive world of creatives. It can feel like an uphill battle, but I'm here to reassure you that it's not just a dream - it's the beginning of a business-building journey!
What you don't need to do to start our art business:
- You don’t need to do a ton of research or planning to start. It doesn’t need to be perfect, we just need to start.
- You don’t need the perfect brand or perfect logo. And you certainly don’t need to pay anyone to do it.
- You don’t need fancy photoshoots to be able to put yourself out there.
- You don’t need a fancy studio, you just need a space to work and create your art and message.
- You don’t need a huge audience, you need to be speaking to the audience you have.
What you do need:
- You do need an online presence but you don’t need a fancy website. As you start out, it’s okay to keep it simple, start with a simple page and an email list.
- You don’t need to be on all the social media platforms. Pick one that you enjoy and one where you think your audience will be. Then show up and share consistently.
My goal is to help artists break free from traditional norms and navigate the journey to a profitable creative endeavor by understanding the underlying principles of marketing and sales. If you're ready to transform into a Profitable Artist but find yourself making art to sell and barely making a profit at the end of the day, then maybe you are ready to make a mindset shift and think of what could be waiting for you beyond selling your art.
Get started with my free PDF that will show you all of the remarkable ways to kickstart your creative biz!
In this episode of "Made Remarkable," we're diving into everything you DON'T need to get started with your new art business. We're debunking myths and breaking down barriers, setting the record straight, so you can focus on what truly matters to build a sustainable and successful art business.
Don't be fooled by fancy websites and curated social media, it's crucial to focus on what truly matters. Fancy photo shoots, an elaborate studio, or a perfect body are not prerequisites for a successful art business. It's about finding your authentic voice and leveraging platforms to showcase your art without getting caught up in silly trends.
At the core of the journey lies the belief that you have what it takes to be a successful artist, your unique life experiences and the actions you take to pursue your artistic goals carry significant weight.
Rethink the possibilities with your Creative Business! Download this free guide: 100 Ways to Make Money as an Artist
Follow Kellee on her Instagram account @kelleewynnestudios
Follow the podcast and great business advice @maderemarkable
The easiest way to listen to the podcast is via Apple Podcasts
Click here, find where it says Ratings and Reviews, and give us a 5-star. If you're feeling generous, we'd love it if you left us a review, telling us what you love about the show! Thank you for being so supportive!
Visit our YouTube Channel, Kellee Wynne Studios for the video of this podcast and other training and recordings
Click HERE for the transcripts