Episode 22: 5 Reasons to Start your Art Business
5 Reasons to Start your Art Business is episode 22 of Unfold with Kellee Wynne and it is part of a special summer series that Kellee is bringing to you where she's talking about building a business and having those honest conversations about what it is and as importantly what it is not.
Kellee is sharing her journey and what motivates and lights her up in the hopes that it, in turn, inspires and prompts you to look for what lights you up and to build your own business by design and not by default.
In this episode Kellee is talking about her 5 reasons why you should start a business;
- Your confidence and self-worth grow significantly when you take a chance on yourself.
- You get to design a lifestyle and career around your own values, not someone else's.
- It'll give you a massive leap in knowledge, skills, and personal growth.
- There is no ceiling cap to the amount of income you can make. Dream Big!
- You can serve and contribute in far greater ways than ever before imagined.
Kellee also keeps it real and talks about what business doesn't give you and some of the reasons you may want to slow down and pause building a business for a later time or build it while being aware that it will be a slower process.
- Don't start a business to get more time. Running a business is hard work and it takes time if you want it to scale. What it does give you is flexible time. But over time, once your business is established you can have more flexibility.
- If it's a financial risk or any type of risk for you or your family. Maybe you need to keep your job for a bit longer and work on your own business later, building on what you can, when you can.
- Don't start a business to become famous or well-known. Despite what social media says, it's not that easy. Building a business takes time and effort and you need to put in the work.
Listen to the episode for all the details!
Rethink the possibilities with your Creative Business! Download this free guide: 100 Ways to Make Money as an Artist
Follow Kellee on her Instagram account @kelleewynnestudios
Follow the podcast and great business advice @maderemarkable
The easiest way to listen to the podcast is via Apple Podcasts
Click here, find where it says Ratings and Reviews, and give us a 5-star. If you're feeling generous, we'd love it if you left us a review, telling us what you love about the show! Thank you for being so supportive!
Visit our YouTube Channel, Kellee Wynne Studios for the video of this podcast and other training and recordings.
Click here for the transcript