Episode 2: Everything You Don't Need to Get Started With Your Art Business
In episode two of Unfold with Kellee Wynne, the subject is everything you don’t need to do, to start our new art business. It’s a perfect carry-on from Episode one where Kellee talked about 100 ways to make money as an artist without selling your art. Kellee breaks down our usual blocks and reminds us how simple things can be when we start our businesses.
Here are some of the things we don’t need to do to start our art business;
- You don’t need to do a ton of research or planning to start. It doesn’t need to be perfect, we just need to start.
- You don’t need the perfect brand or perfect logo. And you certainly don’t need to pay anyone to do it.
- You don’t need fancy photoshoots to be able to put yourself out there. Your audience just needs to see the authentic you and hear your message.
- You don’t need a fancy studio, you just need a space to work and create your art and message.
- You don’t need a huge audience, you need to be speaking to the audience you have.
What you do need;
- You do need an online presence but you don’t need a fancy website. As you start out, it’s okay to keep it simple.
- You don’t need to be on all the social media platforms. Pick one that you enjoy and one where you think your audience will be. Then show up and share consistently. Consistency is key.
Kellee encourages us to just start, decide on our focus, and keep showing up consistently for our audience.
Rethink the possibilities with your Creative Business! Download this free guide: 100 Ways to Make Money as an Artist
Follow Kellee on her Instagram account @kelleewynnestudios
Follow the podcast and great business advice @maderemarkable
The easiest way to listen to the podcast is via Apple Podcasts
Click here, find where it says Ratings and Reviews, and give us a 5-star. If you're feeling generous, we'd love it if you left us a review, telling us what you love about the show! Thank you for being so supportive!
Visit our YouTube Channel, Kellee Wynne Studios for the video of this podcast and other training and recordings
Click HERE for the transcripts
Leave a commentPlease log in or register to post a comment